Mitigating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic through digitalisation
Resilience to COVID-19 through digitalisation (ResiCOdi) is a 24-month action that aims to use digital solutions to strengthen the resilience of education and health systems to COVID-19 in the Eastern, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean Region.
In a Team Europe spirit, GIZ and Enabel have joined forces to leverage existing projects to ensure an integrated and sustainable response to COVID-19. ResiCOdi thus builds on ongoing initiatives implemented by both agencies:
- GIZ is building on the established BACKUP Fund Initiative to provide technical and financial support to African partners working on digital solutions for basic education services.
- Enabel is strengthening successful Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and health projects to facilitate COVID-19 resilience.
The project works in Botswana, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda and Zambia.
- Support digital solutions to foster quality and continuation of education services.
- Improve digital solutions to foster quality and continuation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and education services.
- Strengthen digital solutions to foster quality and efficiency of health services.