D4D Hub Advisory Groups
The D4D Hub promotes a human centric, inclusive, and sustainable digital transformation using a multi-stakeholder approach. To fully live up to its principle of inclusiveness, it is critical for the D4D Hub to work closely with different stakeholder groups. Therefore, in addition to thematic working groups consisting of member states’ representatives, the D4D Hub also has two advisory groups:
- Private sector advisory group
- Civil society and academia advisory group.
The advisory groups help the D4D Hub Secretariat involve key stakeholders in a structured and effective way and offer opportunities for members to directly participate in the formulation of digital policy, programmes and initiatives.
Where to sign up?
What are the goals?
- Contribute to the EU’s digital strategy development
- Ensure human centric digital transformation and enhance enabling environment for inclusive digital transformation by representing businesses, citizens, marginalised groups, researchers, and grassroots movements
- Promote diversity and a large variety of opinions and topics
- Contribute to the EU and its partners with technical, scientific and thematic expertise
- Strengthen civil society, academia and private sector representation and meaningful participation in the D4D Hub structure and provide an incentive to organise in umbrella organisations
- Build capacity of all stakeholders
What will the Advisory Groups do?
- Provide input to the thematic working groups of the D4D Hub on specific topics
- Share studies, research, approaches, innovations, expertise and experiences with each other and within the D4D Hub
- Ensure representation of businesses, civil society, and academia at D4D Hub events
- Ensure members are aware of the EU’s political and strategic priorities
- Form “Communities of Practice” on specific topics
Applicants must have their main activities either in the EU or in NDICI countries and have a keen interest in digital topics, policy and/or research.
Note: further details on membership criteria, the application process and link to the application form can be found in the respective Terms of Reference.